US Visa Packet Misadventures

I finally received my visa packet from US Embassy Riyadh issued July 19,2022. I was so excited when they called! So,even if I was from night shift, I got up at 2 o'clock in the afternoon,called my driver, and went to Aramex main branch here. I took my parcel and went home.

Upon opening the packet, I saw what was expected: my passport outside of the plastic cover and the documents wrapped securely - this part I'm not supposed to open. Outside the packet as well is my immigration details. So, I ran thru the details and spotted a mistake on my civil status. It says there MARRIED (I wish!). The next thing I checked is the visa printed on my passport. Finally, my dream is coming true!

Then I saw it - my passport number is missing a number.

So I called US Embassy Riyadh and they adviced me to return it with an email of the corrections needed. I sent it back and was received after 2 days.

It was reissued and picked up by Aramex August 9 and I expected it will be delivered in 2-3 days time. Good Lord, it's already August 21, I already finished my last working day and just now it's on the way back to me.

But you know, there's always a reason for everything. My last paycheck was given to me and when I deposited it, I was informed that it will take 3 working days to be reflected on my bank account.

So, had my visa arrived earlier, my money would still be hanging and I won't have pocket money to bring along.

So you see, always keep the faith (although I was so stressed the entire time of waiting) and trust that God's delay is protection for your future.

Comments

Popular Posts