Gcash: More Than an Online Wallet

They say that you have trully aged when you start thinking about investments and other money-making possibilities.

That's why my attention is towards the ever-so efficient Gcash. I think everybody knows what Gcash is so let's skip the tall tales. They have their own online bank - the CIMB - but unlike regular banks, you cannot physically withdraw money using your personal account, there's no physical ATM card. I haven't tried it yet but I think you can transfer funds online to another bank as long as you are fully verified. One of the feature of having this online bank is, you can place your money and it will earn money just like a time deposit. 

CIMB's base annual interest rate is at 2.60% so that means if I deposit Php1000 and leave it there for a year, it will generate Php260. That is without having to do anything. I know it's not a big amount but look at it this way, if you sit in your home,not doing anything, not lifting a finger, will you be able to get that Php260? Exactly. And the thing is, you can withdraw that money anytime. No bank to tell you that we can only withdraw this certain amount of money.

I know I got attracted to the GInvest feature that they have as well but that is too far complicated for me. The possibility of you losing money is greater if you invest even in the global technology feeder fund. I am still waiting it out, I want to give it a chance. It's just that the ongoing crisis in Europe is making the stocks crash, but I am going to wait it out.

To learn more, you can visit www.gcash.com

Comments

Popular Posts